Hi everyone! Welcome to The Books. Glad you could stop by. Just in case you were wondering here’s a little bit about me and my blog.
About The Books
So I call my blog The Books because that’s what it’s about. Whether it be a look at a book, an author, a bookstore, or just a random musing about a topic concerning books you can find it here. I am hoping this blog will become yet another well loved haven for book lovers everywhere, and I am very excited to be adding my voice to the amazing community of book bloggers!
I’m Marielle. I am in my early 20’s, a college graduate, and still completely unsure of what I want to do with my life. I live in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, with my mom, dad, and younger brother. While working out where I want my life to go after college I started thinking of things I actually like to do and have stuck with. I came up with books. I have loved books since I was little and they still are a great solace to me. And I talk about books. A lot. Really to anyone who will listen and even those who won’t. So I figured while I’m working on life why not have some fun, and write down my book musings in a place someone might actually listen and like them? I love reading, I love writing so a blog where I write about all things book related seemed like the way to go.
Here are some random/weird facts about me:
- I will read anything and everything, and I rarely meet a book I don’t like.
- I love cartoons and don’t believe in the idea of age limits for things. Just because something says for ages 9-12 doesn’t mean I can’t watch/read it! I’m too old for cartoons and children’s books? Not possible.
- I love How To Train Your Dragon, the book and movie/TV series! Hiccup and Toothless are my phone’s background, and I will proudly show this to anyone.
- Places I have traveled to: Canada, Bahamas, Cayman Islands, St. Martin, St. Kitz, St. Thomas, France, England (not the entirety of the UK just England), Spain, Italy, Monaco, Egypt, Thailand, Cambodia, Australia, Pennsylvania (I live here!), New Jersey, Maryland, Maine, Rhode Island (I went to college here go URI!), Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York (city), Virginia, Alabama, Florida, Ohio, Wyoming, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico.
- I read a manga called Fruits Basket in eighth grade and have been in love with manga and anime ever since. My current obsession: The Betrayal Knows My Name.
- I have been a vegetarian for 10 years.
- My birthday is April 1, All Fools’ Day, which is awesome because that means my birthday is a national holiday. It’s on the calendar and everything.
- The Ram follows me. I was born in the astrological sign of Aries, in the zodiac year of the Ram, my school mascot from K-12 was a Ram as was my college’s mascot. I’m telling you it’s everywhere!
- I love colors and I love organizing things by color. When I was little I played with my mom’s fondue forks because they had different color tops I could organize them by.
- I think all animals are awesome, and someday hope to have a house full of them (especially dogs)!
Well that’s the basics of me. If you would like to know more about me or my blog please leave me a comment!